Brand and Marketing Executive
Brand, Marketing, Product, Strategy, Product Assistant
Your new company
A manufacturers with over 40 years' experience, associated with many UK leading retail groups and furnishing retailers. Staffordshire based.
Your new role
Reporting the Marketing Manager, this role is responsible for managing a successful and large product portfolio from conception through to launch. Based on consumer and trade research you'll launch products into the UK market under a strategic brand proposition, along with private label development for a selected portfolio of key accounts to ensure profitable development across a variety of sales channels.
- Develop long term strategies to ensure the product ranges are competitive and meet the customer and market requirements, along with meeting the long term business objectives.
- Ensure all new product launches support the brand strategy, values, positioning and achieve the business goals for the brand within the overall company brand strategy.
- Engage the organisation around the brand values, positioning and strategy and bring the product to life.
- Liaise closely with the in-house design team and ensure clear briefs are issued for all house and customer brand projects.
- Analyse market, consumer and competitive information to set new product pricing and manage price on existing items.
- Conduct analysis and periodical reviews of the brand, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand equity and marketplace performance.
- Formulate and manage the exit strategy of discontinued products from the assigned portfolio in order to maximise profit.
- Analyse and provide consumer, category and brand information to support channel marketing and the sales department in category management and sales presentations.
- Work collaboratively with trade marketing to execute packaging designs, promotional campaigns, literature and POS consistent with the brand, that will deliver sales and profit growth, and increase market share.
- Liaise with both UK and Far East factories to identify suitable suppliers and negotiate prices to ensure maximum profitability and market place retail pricing.
- Take ownership of the NPD process from concept to delivery.
- Identify and create new product opportunities which fulfil market and customer requirements and deliver required margins and a cohesive pricing architecture.
- Support the sales team with customer visits and attendance at customer events and exhibitions.
- Conduct annual pricing reviews for the relevant product ranges ensuring an appropriate balance between price positioning, sales volumes and the margin achievement.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have an understanding of product life cycle management experience.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and manage different projects at the same time.
- Organised and methodical, a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Have the ability to communicate to a wide range of people at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as an individual or as part of a team.
- Strong presentation skills, coupled with good analytical skills.
- IT literate with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations, etc.
What you'll get in return
You will be working within a progressive organisation that promotes progression and nurtures their staff. The exposure you get to get to work with some of the UK's top retailers is extremely exciting.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.