Head of Marketing and Communications
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Marketing and Communications to join their team based in Birmingham. You will be on a full time fixed term basis (one year maternity cover) and receive a competitive salary of £32,000- £35,000 per annum.
Our client aims to represent all school governors and trustees in England; there are over 250,000 governors/trustees, one of the largest volunteer groups in the UK. They are an independent charity that aims to support and promote good governance in our schools; they do this through lobbying, via a range of contacts with ministers, policy makers and education organisations. They also run national conferences, and a number of regional events.
As their Head of Marketing and Communications, you are required to develop and ensure delivery of the company’s promotions plan which will increase the number of members, sales of publications and use of their services, including consultancy and training. You will also oversee the quality of their communications, in particular developing their website to ensure it is the best used site for governors.
You will work full time but occasionally there may be some evening and weekend work required, time off in lieu will be offered. Applications for job share or four days a week will be considered.
Responsibilities of their Head of Marketing and Communications
- Promote and develop the company’s membership services
- Promote and market our client’s services and brand
- Oversee our client’s digital presence
- Oversee production of publications - bi-monthly membership magazine and sector-leading governance guides
- Oversee events, including internal and high-profile external events and exhibitions
- Lead the Marketing and Communications Team
- Representing the company; Attend internal and external meetings and events to promote the company’s services
- Be an active member of the company
Skills and experience required of their Head of Marketing and Communications;
- At least 3 years experience of marketing work
- Understanding of marketing and promotions strategy
- Strong experience of copy writing
- Strong experience of designing promotional materials and collateral management
- Experience of magazine and publication production
- Proven project management and budget management experience
- Strong digital marketing experience - managing and developing a website, writing for the web, accessibility, SEO, Google Analytics, social media, CMS Management, CRM, Email Marketing, in relation to promoting a brand and services
- Event/exhibition management coordinating multiple events
- Supplier management including design, advertising agency, print suppliers management
Benefits of becoming their Head of Marketing and Communications
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension at 6% on completion of probation
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Monday 26th March 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 29th March 2018 (please keep this date free for interview)
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Head of Marketing and Communications then please click 'apply’ now!
Please note: If you have not been contacted by the end of Tuesday 27th March 2018 please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.