Technical Sales Engineer
Technical Sales Engineer - OEM Sector
Territory - UK with some International Travel
Excellent Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, plus car/allowance
Ash Consulting are working with an expanding and ambitious market leader and industry innovator specilaisng in the design and manufacture of complex machined components, high grade seals, gaskets and O rings. Serving a diverse client base from oil and gas through to food processing. We seek a business development specialist capable of driving sales growth, sourcing new clients within the OEM sectors and developing relationships through bespoke solution based engineering sales.
Key Duties will include;
- The development and delivery of new contract wins within OEM sector
- Liaison with Internal Sales and Marketing teams
- Writing of technical proposals in tandem with pricing and production costs
- Development of short and long term sales projections
- Regular client visits and presentations
- Technical sales to engineering customers and the ability to understand and discuss individual needs
- Planning diary to maximise opportunities (Working from Home & Office as required)
- Competitor analysis
- Exhibition/Trade Fair attendance as needed
The successful candidate should be engineering qualified, ideally with a second European language (Though not essential) and have a track record of sales development to the OEM sector.
On offer are high rewards on top of a good basic and benefits package designed to attract the best and reward an integral part of the company’s growth programme
· To maintain relationships with current customers, whilst identifying potential new customers and providing solutions
· Developing and maintaining relationships with new customers
· Production of detailed customer visit reports
· Customer eservice responsibility ownership for allocated and developed accounts
· High level analysis skills and awareness of market movements to adjust services and pricing on a regular basis
· To develop an annual sales plan in conjunction with the company’s requirements.
· Working closely with Business Line Leaders and marketing in executing business & sales strategies
· Responsible for the sale of a portfolio of the Company’s products, namely;
> Machined components in full range of materials
> Semi-finished polymer materials including extruded, moulded and sheet & tape
· Business development and high value customer acquisition with focus on OEM’s and companies with potential account value of over £100K
· High emphasis on contract review process during initial customer interactions to increase operational effectiveness and maximising customer satisfaction
· Scope of activities mainly within UK but with some added European responsibility
· Identify potential for new products and services within the country
Qualifications & Experience.
The Technical Sales Engineer must have the following skills & experience:
· Educated to degree level- (Science/Engineering degree’s preferred)
· Knowledge and experience of engineering polymers & plastic processing methods
· Minimum of 5 years experience in solution based technical product sales preferably in engineering plastics/industrial engineering products across multiple sectors
· Sector and sub sector specialism such as Medical, Aerospace, Fluid Management…. an advantage
· Fluency in another European language is a distinct advantage -French, Italian and Spanish are of particular interest
· Demonstrable cross selling and upselling
· Good working knowledge of CRM systems (SAP, SalesForce)
· Ability to read engineering drawings and standard specifications is preferred
· Proficient at Microsoft office
· Excellent presentation skills & consultative sales approach
· Proven ability to manage various tasks at the same time
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.