Lead technician ( FMCG)
Lead technician (Multi skilled)
Cheltenham, Chipping Norton, Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, Redditch, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Ledbury, Ulster, Gloucester
The successful candidate will be a time served Multi Skilled Engineer with relevant qualifications in Engineering, as well as had supervisory experience. You should be competent in working with heavy and light manufacturing equipment. You will be an effective problem solver with good diagnostic skills. Computer Literate and have basic administrative skills. Existing experience within Packaging, Plastics, FMCG or Food sectors would be beneficial but not essential.
It would also be desirable if you can offer knowledge of Site Production Processes, leading edge manufacturing techniques, continuous improvement and 5S techniques
- As the Lead Technician your role will be to manage the workload of the Engineering department as well as be expected to carry out reactive and preventative maintenance.
- You will be responsible for the Engineering Team on shift of 4 , the Engineering Workshop and H&S. You will be carrying out mechanical and electrical work including, but not limited to; installations, repair, maintenance, working on PLC’s (Mainly fault finding), welding/fabricating, fitting, meeting KPI’s (Quality, Cost, Health & Safety).
- You will be working on food process machinery such as multi vacs, multi head weighing machines, metal detectors, washing systems, mixers chillers cold rooms etc and will be dealing with fault finding on various PLC’s.
- You will also maintain the systems, identify necessary parts and equipment required for repairs & improvements, ordering spares & equipment, make rational and informed decisions regarding breakdown solutions and completion of individual projects
You will be working for a large Manufacturing firm with a growing list of clients and demand. It’s a great time to join the company as long term career opportunities are inevitable.
- Electrical & Mechanical skills to C&G 236 above, preferably with a BS7671 17th Edition Qualification.
- Electro-Mechanical Control systems experience
- PC literate
- Good knowledge of H&S
- Good communication skills
- Higher level Qualification such as ONC/HNC
- PLC trained
- Manufacturing experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960314900