Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager
Senior Project / Programme Manager
My client is an international manufacturer of automotive components, supplying directly to the high profile automotive OEM industry. Due to sustainable growth and major contract wins, they now require a Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to join the team. The successful candidate MUST have demonstrable experience of managing 'cradle to grave' projects for complex modules within the automotive sector.
Overview of Role
- The Program Manager is accountable to the Head of Programs for all programme activities and tasks related to a project from initial kick-off through to closure.
- Project/Program Management is an activity that takes much time and effort (through continuous planning, execution of duties and reacting to change). It has its own discipline and body of knowledge.
- Whilst the Programme Manager is not required to 'know everything about the subject matter' in their project, it is their responsibility to ensure that the project has access to people with the right level of experience or specialised skill base.
- The Programme Manager must be a subject matter expert in project management, and should ideally also have gained this experience within the automotive supply chain.
- Minimum of 5 years in Lead Project Manager position / experience level required for this position.
- Assurance that the Product Design Specification (PDS) AND Project Initiation Document (PID) complies with relevant customer standards and policies, plus any associated contract with the supplier
- Confirmation with Business Management of project tolerances
- Clear Roles & Responsibility definition to internal team and expectations
- Specification of external constraints on the project - i.e. Quality Assurance
- Approval of an accurate and satisfactory Business Plan (output PID)
- Selection of Core Team with Manager
- Maintaining close-working/good communication relationship with Manager
- Selecting the project managers of projects in the programme
- Defining/planning the programme and securing stakeholder approval
- Leadership of Project Managers and supporting personnel on Programme content, organisation and methodologies
- Monitoring performance of process and programme progress
- Issue and tracking of Work Packages for stakeholders
- Management of project risks, including development of contingency plans
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective actions where necessary
- Programme Quality Assurance supported by Programme Quality Manager
- Programme Financial Control supported by Programme Financial Controller
- Report to the Programme Steering Team through Report/Gateway Stage Assessments
- Review of each completed stage and approval of progress to the next Phase
- Review and approval of Gateway Stage Plans and mitigation of any exceptions
- Approval of changes - Project changes, engineering change management
- Realisation of required documentation, release process and submission of programme results to the business
- Representation of the programme/programme team in internal & external committees as required
- Control and management of Supplier Base
- Monitoring & Tracking of Payments / Cash-Flow supported by the Finance Controller
- Managing and influencing stakeholders until programme completion achieved
- Assurance that all products have been delivered satisfactorily
- Assurance that all acceptance criteria have been met
- Approval of the End Project Report
- Approval of Lessons Learned Report
- Project Closure notification
Project Management Tools / Methodologies (preferable knowledge or experience)
- PMI's PMBOK Guide
- Various national methodologies under the IIPM Umbrella, ie. APM
Key Personal Qualities
- Competent Leader with ambition, drive and commitment
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Sales & Customer Orientated
- Ability to demonstrate significant initiative
- Assertiveness, confidence, effective communication and listening skills
- Being well organised and self-disciplined
- Being able to identify and facilitate problem solving
- Decision-making capability
- Ability to keep everyone focused on the project objectives
- Having being trained in project management tools and methodologies
- Being experienced in project management processes and procedures
- Being respected by peers and management
- Entrepreneurial Approach to a Programme
This is an urgent requirement, so please forward your CV to Rob Brunt for immediate review.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313909