Claims Management Officer
The closing date is 25 March 2018 and it is anticipated that interviews will be held during the week commencing 16 April 2018.
You will be dealing with businesses to provide advice, and develop constructive ways of complying with legislative requirements. You will plan and carry out investigations, conduct audits, surveys and research, as well as provide advice to other interested parties relating to claims management issues.
There is a requirement to be able to travel throughout England and Wales to visit businesses where necessary. You will also have to understand processes involving applications for authorisation to trade.
You will need to work well as part of a team, have excellent communication skills and the ability to pay attention to detail in a fast paced environment. You will also need to have the ability to accurately synthesise information and record data using electronic systems.
• An appropriate qualification to Diploma level or equivalent experience in this area of work.
• GCSE English and Maths grade C or above
Knowledge and Experience
• Legal and / or enforcement knowledge and / or experience
• Experience in a regulatory service / business compliance
• Ability to deliver to Quality Assurance Standards
• Ability to write reports
• Practical application of windows based systems and databases
• Commitment to raising standards of business compliance, particularly
amongst Claims Management Companies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Research skills
• To work as part of a team
• Ability to record information accurately
• To be able to use own initiative
• Be prepared to work flexibly in order to meet operational demands
• Be prepared to travel regularly throughout England and Wales
• A commitment to equal opportunities, anti-discriminatory practice and
• This post is designated as a casual car user
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309494