Infrastructure Analyst - Permanent -£30,000 - £40,000
Infrastructure Analyst required by our client based near Birmingham City Centre. You will be joining a small but very technical team who have all been with the business for a number of years. If you enjoy solving complex technical issues and have a real passion for IT and have the skills and knowledge that is required below, send me your CV to the email below.
As a Infrastructure Analyst, the role will involve:
- Ensure the network is run in a professional manner liaising with external service providers where required.
- Assist in planning and implementing new developments within the company's infrastructure.
- Liaison with 3rd party service providers hosting Web and other services, including use of AWS dashboards.
- Work closely with IT development & testing to ensure technical compatibility and performance requirements.
- Patching & maintenance of servers & systems.
- Monitoring & maintaining the security, integrity & performance of systems to provide optimal performance.
- Maintain backups & redundant systems required for Business Continuity.
As an Infrastructure Analyst you will need:
- A professional qualification demonstrating a deep understanding of core technologies.
- Experience of 3rd line or above support of multi channel environments supporting a mix of Windows & Linux platforms.
- Experience of supporting VMWare environments (5.5/6.5) - Including build, deployment and migration.
- A deep understanding of core networking technologies and structured infrastructure.
- Experience in build and support of Windows Server technologies, Linux administration (predominantly CentOS), SQL & mySQL server support.
- Previous exposure to AWS and related services.
- Understanding of HA environments / Load Balancing
Reward and Recognition:
- Free on-site parking
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Eye Test & Child care vouchers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312837