Business Development Executive
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Location: National Memorial Arboretum,
Contract: 35 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Salary: £25,000 per annum
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017 the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre. A large new events building will open in October 2018.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide great customer service
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you ….
The Arboretum is looking for a successful and dynamic Business Development Executive who can grow the value of our third party events business and develop mutually-beneficial relationships with memorial holders, associations and corporate customers.
- Develop existing relationships with current clients by providing first class customer service.
- Identify and recruit new clients including new memorial holders, MICE agents, SMEs, large corporates and training providers.
- Receive and process inbound bookings, conduct show arounds and make off-site sales visits to key/ potential clients.
- Monitor market place trends and competitor set, analyse performance and identify opportunities to grow business.
- Support the planning and production of relevant sales and marketing materials.
- Work in partnership with the events operations team and foodservices to ensure outstanding delivery of client events.
- Manage and process all relevant paperwork.
The successful candidate must have proven sales experience, preferably within the account management, advertising, conference and meetings or events market place. Previous exposure to computerised booking systems is also essential, along with the ability to work to sales targets. Good interpersonal and communication skills are prerequisites of this role. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload will be essential.
How to Apply
Please apply online by visit our website via the button below.
Closing date for this role is 21st March 2018