Sales Ledger Clerk
Sales Ledger Clerk – Walsall - £18-18,500 + Flexible Hours + Free Car Parking
My client is part of an acquisitive fast growing Top 20 practice. They are currently re-organising their Head Office Finance team and looking for 2 x Sales Ledger clerks to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis.
Working as part of a team of 6 you will be in charge of cash allocation and the management of payments and bank reports.
YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO CHASE PAYMENTS. ANOTHER TEAM HANDLES CREDIT CONTROL.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager you will be responsible for:
- Daily download of bank statements and copying them to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Review payments received and match them with clients.
- Enter the settled invoices and post to the accounts system.
- Daily allocations of payments received.
- Run a daily cash and bank report.
- Check the amounts received and allocated to the system balance.
- Liaise with the credit control team to allocate credit card payments they have taken.
- Previous experience in sales ledger / cashbook roles.
- Good accounting knowledge.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Organised with ability to implement and follow systems and procedures.
- IT skills, with knowledge of Excel, Word and ideally Open / CCH / Sage Accounts.
- Adaptable to working within the evolving and changing environment that accompanies a growing accountancy firm.
- A salary of £18 – 18,500
- Initial term of 3 – 6 months with a permanent role available later in the year.
- 20 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Flexible working hours (either 9am – 5:15pm or 8am – 4:15pm) with an hour for lunch.
- Free car parking.
To discuss this further and for more information please forward a CV for immediate attention.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960308384