This is a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Supervisor to join a growing Automotive business in Birmingham, supplying into a wide range of OEMs nationwide. The business is currently looking for someone who can both lead a team to deliver KPIs and production targets and also develop the workforce reporting through. As a business that promotes from within, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Supervisor to progress with a leading Automotive supplier.
Our client is a leading manufacturer operating on a global scale. With further growth in the order book, the business now needs a Shift Supervisor who is a natural leader, familiar with the demands of similar environments, who will be able to develop the level of their team as volumes increase.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the shop floor staff, supporting the business with lean manufacturing techniques across the West Midlands site. The successful candidate will have previously driven Kaizen and 5s methodology within a fast-paced environment and will need to be able to interpret individual and operation-based performance statistics to drive KPIs. Other key responsiblities include compliance with Health, Safety and Quality procedures and policies while supporting the adherence to the works schedule. Within the first 3 months the focus will be on meeting with production targets before, in the following months, identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Lead workforce to deliver product on time to the customer, setting expectations of the work team to hit targets
- Management of internal/ external customer relationships
- Manage the team and equipment in tandem with inter-departmental liaison in order to produce high quality product within agreed timelines.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities to improve process flows, cutting inefficiencies out of the production line.
- Lead lean improvements with the primary aim of reducing scrap rate
- Make necessary amendments to production schedule
- Engage, mentor and develop the team's capability
- Comfortable working a double day shift rotation (6-2, 2-10)
- Automotive background essential
- Strong communicator
- Background in supervisory role, developing and leading a team
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments, primarily Quality and HSE.
- Familiarity with implementation of SOPs, time-management, employee appraisals and GAP analysis
Salary up to £33,000 including shift allowance + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312344