Project Manager / Programme Manager [Defence Industry Customers]
- Project Manager / Programme Manager [Defence Industry Customers]
- £50,0000 to £55,0000 Basic
- Company Car, Mobile, Laptop and strong Pension Scheme
- Location; Home Based
- Commutable to the West Midlands area.
Mercury Hampton have been exclusively retained by this excellent manufacturing business. Our Client is leading manufacturer of rotating equipment [products & systems] with applications throughout Marine, Defence, Offshore, Utility, Process and fluid related industries. They operate as part of a group with a multi-million turnover and global customer base. This strategic appointment will play a leading role in my client’s expansion plans.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing customer facing project management and working with the customer from design stage through the total life cycle of the project. This will include providing technical support, design support, problem solving, time-scale management, sound financial planning [project completion within agreed budgets]. As Project manager / Programme Manager, you will be working on numerous ‘high value’ and ‘critical’ projects at any given time, all projects are related to the MOD, Navy, Civil Servants and other defence related contractors [examples BAE, Babcocks]. This will be a home based project management role with regular visits to my clients West Midland offices [you must be commutable to this area]. This position is very diverse and will include a balanced mix of both technical and commercial responsibilities such as;
- Ability to work with customers throughout the full project life cycle.
- Understand an accurate view of expectations prior to project planning and delivery.
- Working with other key project stakeholders such as external sales, design, development and operations.
- Presenting to clients when required [assisting with joint visits to secure client projects].
- Pulling together internal departments to plan and execute the project.
- Proactive customer management, taking the lead on all projects demands from start to finish.
- Successful applicants will be required to obtain MOD security clearance.
Candidates; we are looking to speak with Project Managers / Programme Managers with extensive experience of managing related projects. Although defence or military would be our preference will also consider candidates from backgrounds such as Oil & Gas, Aerospace and Automotive. The successful candidate will be Prince 2 or AMP qualified and have an engineering / industrial background. You will have exceptional communication skills, a technical aptitude coupled with a fantastic understanding of project management.
Please click on the apply button or contact Mark Walsh at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313337