Lionbridge (UK) Ltd have a 6 month role for a Data Collector, based in Stoke on Trent, working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- The Data Collector is responsible for the collection and collation of technical data from a variety of Engineering and Manufacturing departments
- Data Collectors gather information from a wide variety of sources such as equipment, databases, spreadsheets, corporate intranets, laboratory reports and meeting minutes. Required data is engineering-related and used to identify and improve quality, consistency and time to market for client products.
- Data Collectors must be able to interpret complex technical data in simple and easy to understand ways.
- Data Collectors also collate information into a complete package for transfer to a data analysis team for analysis and interpretation.
- Data Collectors must be motivated and proactive, and be able to positively interact with many different departments and teams within a client organisation.
- Collection and Collation of technical data from a wide variety of sources
- Interpretation of complex technical data
- Preparation of data/information packages for transfer to Data Analysis team
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
- Collect appropriate engineering data for usage in databases and conduct related research
- Interview client stakeholders to identify relevant data resources
- Work with clients to identify potential data sources required for analysis
- Research databases, intranets and other data sources for relevant information
- Collate all found data into single package for further analysis
- Integrate collected data into statistical programs such as Minitab to perform analysis
- Run reports and statistical analyses from Minitab, Excel and other software, following standard statistical methods
- Identify accurate variables from original information or data and complete statistical analysis as required
- Interpret data analysis results and provide written summary of data analysis
- Write reports and prepare and deliver presentations of findings
- Colleagues/Data Collectors
- Customer Stakeholders
- Team Leader, Data Collection
- Project Coordinator (ME & TDS Programs)
- Educated to GCSE level, (or equivalent), in English & Maths, Grade C or above
- Experience in a technical environment preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be detail oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and analyse various types of engineering data
- Knowledge and experience of statistical methods and techniques
- Experience of working with different kinds of data tools such as Excel, Minitab and other statistical programs to run basic data analysis
- Able to work with different kinds of data, including databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Able to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness
- Ability to work remotely when required
- All roles require you to obtain a Disclosure Scotland Certificate, before commencing employment with Lionbridge.
- If you have not heard from us within 14 days, your application has not been successful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309622