Project Engineer - Powertrain - £2259
Project Engineer - Powertrain - £22.59
As a Project Engineer working for a leading automotive company based Whitley you will be supporting the key Module Leaders/Subject Matter Experts in commodity delivery across programmes.
- Progressing the RMDV (Requirements Management & Design Verification/Validation) system status (Commodity Delivery, interfacing with suppliers).
- Facilitator for progression of issue resolution between Engine D&R group and Powertrain Manufacturing Group
- Escalation of issues to Engine Design Review forums, assisting D&R groups in delivering resolution to issues.
- Ensure that the wider team are fully briefed on incoming issues and status.
- Assist in the classification and update to RMDV.
- Supplier Management Capability, ensuring program deliverables and metrics are achieved.
- Fundamentals of Engine Operation Understanding of engine operation and basic mass balance principles.
- Experience of component and system design, with an understanding of engine components and requirements.
- Strong understanding and application of design quality tools such as DFMEA, Robustness Studies etc.
- Ability to perform tolerance studies on complex systems.
- Strong problem solving capability required. Awareness of manufacturing processes associated with engine components and engine assembly. Working knowledge of product delivery systems. AIM (Automated Issues Management), PCS (Product Creation System) and RMDV systems) would be an advantage.
- Qualification to degree level or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes.
- Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes for volume produced, precision forged and machined components.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960307487