Company - Leading manufacturing company.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to effectively manage all aspects of the operations function at site within financial controls ensuring legal compliance is achieved and company policies are followed in health and safety. The role would ideally suit an experienced manufacturing / production manager who has experience in a similar business type of high mix low volume critical safety componentry.
The main purpose of the role is the leadership and management of all production activities to ensure products are manufactured safely to performance and quality standards, on schedule and to the right cost.
- Ensuring that all company and legal standards for health, safety and competency are adhered to, for the building and all personnel.
- Deliver Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement via full implementation of WEP (Wabtec Excellence Program).
- Ensure robust planning and management to ensure all QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) targets are met.
- Manage the internal and external customer interface with regards to schedules and deliveries.
- Create an environment of engagement where all employees are aligned to the company goals and can maximise the value they add.
- Relentless attitude to Health & Safety.
- Process driven with MRP/ERP being a natural part of thinking.
- Proven, proactive and positive hands on approach, leading and delivering Continuous Improvement and LEAN.
- A communicator, motivator with a "can do, will do" attitude.
- Capability to grow with the company.
- Degree educated, or equivalent level.
- Strong IT for data analysis.
Location - Barton Under Needwood
Salary - £58-63K
Hours - Full Time