Continuous Improvement Internship
We are currently recruiting for our Telford site for a Continuous Improvement Intern. We are looking for a Year 2 or 3 student looking for a placement to assist the Continuous Improvement and Operations teams with carrying out specific quality, service and cost improvement projects. The successful candidate will be able to work efficiently and under pressure whilst being accurate; the role will require attention to detail. The post holder will need to be able to work flexibly and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in order to support our aim to become the biggest and best chilled dairy & Ingredients Company in the UK.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Assess current performance to identify and suggest improvement projects - Focus on Product Quality and Cost Reduction Opportunities.
* Carry out allocated research studies.
* Work with CI and Training team to implement improvement activities identified through research.
* Support CI team in creating presentations.
* Create ad hoc reports.
* Ad hoc requests as required for CI and Operations teams.
* Create and update excel spreadsheets for data capture and trending.
* Trend daily, weekly, monthly production and quality performance data.
* Validation studies to confirm the accuracy of business data.
Key skills & experience
* Numerate and literate to a high standard with advanced ability in Microsoft Office Suite applications (specifically Excel).
* Past experience of working in a food manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
* The ability to work confidentially, accurately and diligently with a consistently high level of literacy and numeracy.
* Past experience of working in a busy environment.
* Self-starter, ability to multi task, plan and prioritise own workload whilst working in a busy environment.
* Studying towards a degree in Science, Engineering or a Manufacturing subject.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
* Team player.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Positive in approach to work.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at ***********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960307330