Data Protection Officer - Up to £400 a day, 6 months, Coventry
I am recruiting for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure my client is fully compliant with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR.)
About the role
My client are a leading retail organisation based in Coventry who are seeking a Data Protection Officer, whose responsibilities will include advising on compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitoring adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects. You will also create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver GDPR trainings to staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws and be familiar with the nature of data processing activities within the industry. You should also know how to perform audits to current procedures.
Ultimately, you will facilitate GDPR compliance through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate the company's data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether procedures need to be altered to comply with regulations
- Create and deliver training on GDPR compliance for employees and board members
- 2+ years professional experience within a data protection or legal compliance role
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Working knowledge of computer security systems
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliances
- BSc in Law or Information Security (desirable, but not essential)
If you would like to find out more, plase apply with your latest CV and I shall be in touch.
Premier are acting as an employment agency