Mechanical Assembly Operatives
Do you have experience working in an Automotive or Manufacturing Assembly role or similar?
Do you want to work a standard four day week but still maintain a full-time weekly wage?
Are you looking to join an expanding workforce, who last year recognised their hard work and commitment taking 35% of their temporary workforce on to Permanent contracts?
We're currently pool building ready for upcoming recruitment on behalf of one of the world's largest companies for Assembly Operators to join a professional, growing team at the facility in Shrewsbury, with sector leading health and safety, dedicated training and skill building opportunities.
With a partnership of over 25 years, Randstad Inhouse Services and Caterpillar are looking to expand their workforce, with basic hourly rates of £9.51 for the first 12 weeks raising to either £10.77 or £11.46 per hour dependant on experience and overtime where available; your basic gross weekly wage would see you earning up to £424 per week.
A standard working week will see you working Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 5.15pm and if you're available for overtime any work from Friday - Sunday would be paid at premium overtime rates.
You will receive a full induction, incorporating all the on-the-job training you need to be successful in your role.
With a 27 day (pro rata) holiday allowance and a four day working week your work-life balance could not be better! You will have access to an auto-enrolled pension scheme, discounts and benefits portal, reward and recognition schemes and a dedicated account team to look after you.
As an assembly/sub assembly operative you will be required to:
- Assembling parts to a machined component, or sub assembly of components ready for assembly
- Assembling parts in a set time period 'Takt time'
- Visual Quality checks
- Use of press power tools to insert friction fit parts
- Set & use torque wrenches
- Use of air & hand tools
- Following standard works
- Adhering to PPE and Health and Safety requirements
- Some manual lifting may be required
- Working in a team or individually as required
This role involves high use of hand and vibration tools
Suitable applicants will have:
- Manufacturing, production or Assembly experience
- Use of hasnd tools including air guns, drills etc. Please note this role involves high usage of hand tools
- An understanding of working to safe practices, adhering to health and safety requirements
- Good team work and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- PC/ IT skills, training to be provided on in-house software
What we can offer:
- Standard 37 hour week over four days
- 27 days holiday pro rata (inc. bank holidays)
- Regular Performance review and recognition schemes
- High Performer Of the Month awards with voucher prizes
- Candidate surveys - we value your opinions and welcome your feedback to shape our service
- Full induction and ongoing, professional training
- Auto Pension scheme enrolment
If you are interested in finding out more about our opportunities, don't delay in sending us your CV and one of our dedicated account team will contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960305080