Service Manager / Project Manager
Service Manager / Project Manager
Wyre Forest Nightstop and Mediation Scheme is a charitable organisation that provides safe, emergency, temporary accommodation for homeless young people between the ages of 16 and 25 in the homes of trained volunteer hosts.
Benefits: 25 days with an increment of 1 day for each complete year of service up to a maximum of 5 years. Bank and public holidays are in addition to this. Ongoing, subject to Big Lottery Fund requirements being met. Auto-enrolment into our Pension Scheme after 3 months’ service.
Closing date: Friday 30th March 2018
Interviews to be confirmed
About the role:
The post holder will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the Nightstop and Mediation services within South Worcestershire.
- Oversee the co-ordination and delivery of the South Worcestershire Nightstop service under the umbrella of Wyre Forest Nightstop and Mediation Service
- Lead in the recruitment, induction, training and support of volunteers and hosts within the South Worcestershire area
- Provide initial advice and assessments for homeless young people in South Worcestershire supported by the Nightstop team
- Ensure that young people are referred and placed appropriately, receive a sensitive service and satisfactory follow-up. This will include encouraging them to access services and / or access mediation where appropriate
- Develop, implement and review all appropriate South Worcestershire Nightstop and Mediation policies, procedures and processes
- Deliver a mediation service in the South Worcestershire area, and other areas as required, working as part of a team alongside volunteers and other Nightstop staff
- Publicise the South Worcestershire service through talks, publicity and social media
- Liaise with partner agencies and represent Nightstop
- Prepare regular service reports
- Report to monthly Trustee meetings and attend other meetings as required
- Accurately maintain and log all intervention data in conjunction with the Evaluation and Sustainability Manager
- Work within budget, maintain accurate financial records and monitor expenditure alongside the Chief Executive Officer and treasurer
- A flexible approach is required for the role, as additional duties commensurate with the role may occur from time to time
- Educated to degree level, or post graduate professional qualification, or can demonstrate equivalent level qualifications, skills and experience
- Interpersonal Mediation Practitioners Certificate (IMPQ) Level 4 or equivalent (if not already qualified, training must be undertaken within 3 months of appointment)
- Relevant experience of working with disadvantaged young people
- Experience of monitoring project performance against objectives
- Experience of working collaboratively with others to deliver results
- Computer literacy, including well developed skills in using the full suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce reports to a high standard
- Knowledge of the support needs of young people and how they might be best met
- Understanding of confidentiality and dealing with sensitive information appropriately
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges homeless young people face
- Access to a car with full driving license and business insurance cover
- An enhanced DBS with barred lists check will be required for the successful post holder
- Recognised management qualification
- Supervising or managing other people (employees or volunteers)
- Experience of the housing / homelessness sector
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of the sector and commissioning / funding within the specialist area(s)
You may have experience of the following: Service Manager, Senior Care Coordinator, Business Support Manager, Service Delivery, Project Manager, Process Improvement, Change Manager, Team Leader, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.