Environmental Planner / Birmingham / Global Consultancy
Environmental Planner - Full-time or Part-time - Birmingham
£Competitive salary + excellent benefits package
If you're an Environmental Planner and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on!
Penguin are pleased to be working with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy on the hire of an Environmental Planner for their Birmingham office.
You will have the opportunity to help clients develop sustainably through environmental impact assessments (EIA), development consent order (DCO) submissions, Hybrid Bills, environmental support for major planning submissions, strategic environmental assessments and construction environmental management projects.
As part of a growing and agile team you can be involved in some of the UK's most complex, iconic and challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding. These include major regeneration projects, garden cities, energy opportunities, infrastructure schemes and strategic land optimisation.
- Delivering successful outcomes for your clients by helping them manage their environmental planning risks
- Proactively managing DCO submissions and/or impact assessments (IA) or components of these projects
- stablishing strong relationships within a multi-disciplinary team, working for a common vision and goals
- Facilitating effective oral and written communication and promoting innovative ways of communicating and reporting
- Coordinating and influencing project stakeholders to maximise best client and environmentally responsible outcomes
- Managing commercial aspects of selected projects or components of projects to ensure a successful result
- Liaising with the senior staff and our clients to keep informed of all developments associated with their projects
- Being familiar with relevant H & S regulations relevant to your role
- Relevant Environmental Degree, with Master's Degree in relevant environmental discipline preferred
- Successful project management/coordination of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of leading/working on IAs within consenting regimes (e.g. TWA, DCO, TCPA, local and regional planning)
- Knowledge of all stages of IA from land acquisition, options appraisal, planning submission to construction management
- Stakeholder and public engagement experience (depending on grade)
- Great communication, report writing and team working skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Previous experience of contributing to or leading SEAs and Sustainability Appraisals would also be beneficial
- Chartered or working towards submission
Our client offers a fantastic working environment and generous remuneration package where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, they offer some excellent benefits, such as;
- Highly competitive starting salary
- Matched Pension (Up to 8%), private healthcare, life assurance, income protection, RTPI fees, AL with option to purchase additional days, tax free season ticket loan, enhanced maternity/paternity leave and more!
- Join a global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm in central London
- Varied and exciting project profile
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment
This an excellent time to join and further your career with a global consultancy! The hiring manager is keen to meet with suitable Environmental Planners ASAP so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'
For more information on this role or others in the region please contact me on ************* or ************************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960307671