Design Manager - Construction / Fit Out
£45k - £55k
A well established Main Contractor who operate within the Midlands, covering fit out projects mainly within the Commercial and Education sectors, with values up to £3million.
Having grown consistently over the past 5 years, they are now becoming a leading influence to their marketplace and are in a great position to continue to grow.
Due to this growth, they are now seeking to add someone to their design team at a fairly senior level.
The role requires the person to design and prepare project plans, submit building regulation applications, specify products, generate accurate layouts, quantify materials and costings for each project. Exercise extensive judgment and initiative
- Design and delivery of all projects by ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of require project outcomes by exceeding client expectations on programme, cost and quality.
- Ensure all project outcomes meet the customer expectations.
- Day to day management of direct reports and providing the strategy / leadership to achieve the business / contract objectives.
- Management of the design team.
- Manage risk, commercial issues and compliance processes and procedures in relation to Quality, H&S, Environmental Management and other policies.
- Establish and manage the documentation and deliverables completion processes.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Preparation of Briefs for structural investigations, surveys and monitoring.
- Budgetary management of tender design fees and preparation of detailed design fee estimates.
- Designer liaison including design review meetings, progress & performance reporting, and design change control.
- Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties
- Input to analytical & interpretative reports on technical and commercial factors.
Salary & Benefits
The company are willing to pay a competitive salary based on the individuals experience and exposure to the market. Keep in mind that as the company continues to grow, so will your position.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960308316