NOC Support Engineer
**SC Cleared. NOC Support Engineer. Solihull. Night shift 10pm- 6am Monday- Thursday. 6 Month rolling contract.
IT managed service provider is seeking a NOC support engineer to work night shifts on a contract basis in Solihull supporting existing deployed networks and the support of N&T products. The engineer will work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use within the deployed networks and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- Investigation of network issues and customer interface problems
- Liaison with Field Engineer Visits to customer facilities and 'live' sites as part of problem based investigation
- Generation of Support documentation (web and paper based)
- Support workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues
- Support the NOC Helpdesk on identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis
- The reception of escalated customer fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
- To perform remote diagnostic tests where applicable to aid primary fault rectification
- To work with and alongside development engineers
- To provide technical and procedural assistance to N&T and Field Engineers
- To ensure all work performed complies with the Company's, procedural and accredited standards.
- Record returned items from Field Engineers and liaise with Fujitsu repair
- Provide 'configured' equipment to Field Engineers
- Work in the 4 on / 4 off 12 hour shift.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a 1st or 2nd line support role, UNIX experience, familiar with Solaris Operating system, Knowledge of IP, DSL, Knowledge of CISCO, Juniper & Brocade, worked in s support role in a Telecoms/Datsacoms environment.
** due to the nature of the role current SC Clearance is essential.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960306570