Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Pneumatic fixtures & tooling
A Lead Mechanical Designer Engineer with experience of tooling and pneumatic fixtures is required for a Midlands based manufacturer of automated material handling applications.
The role of Lead Mechanical Designer Engineer includes:
- Take specification from client and design a complex tooling to hold the work piece in place whilst the parts are assembled or inspected as required.
- The fixtures will include pneumatic or manual clamping systems dependant on the complexity of the application.
- Create a bill of material for assembly and work closely with the client and internal teams throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Take a lead role for all projects reporting to the senior management team with progress update of all projects.
- Create detailed designs using SolidWorks
The suitable candidate for Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will need to possess the following experience:
- Strong mechanical design experience
- Tooling knowledge through design or as a toolmaker
- Experienced with designing electro-pneumatic assemblies
- Technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable
If you have the required experience and you are seeking a role designing complex assemblies and automated solutions, then please click on the link to apply for Lead Mechanical Design Engineer. This role will suit a senior designer or design manager.