Senior Design Engineer - Automation
An Senior Design Engineer is required for a Birmingham based system integrator of automation and robotic systems.
The role of Senior Design Engineer will include the following:
- Take responsibility for conceptualising automated solutions based around customer specification.
- Ensure the brief is fully met and that costs are controlled throughout the design phase.
- Delegate portions of the design work to colleagues and support new members of the team with on the job coaching.
- Create detailed assembly drawings and support the shop floor with any queries.
- The Design Manager role will not be so involved in the physical design.
The suitable candidate for Senior Design Engineer will need to possess the following experience:
- Mechanical design experience of electro-pneumatic special purpose machinery.
- Strong leadership skills, able to get the best of of people
- High level of engineering knowledge able to manage design projects from conception to create the most effective engineering solution.
- Technical qualifications in engineering, mechatronics, robotics or a time served apprenticeship is desirable but not essential.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work for a leading integrator of automated systems and offers an excellent working environment which supports creativity. If you have the required experience for this role of Senior Design Engineer then please click on the link to apply.