Job Overview: Exclusively retained by our client, an established manufacturer of Iron Casting, Aluminium Casting and Aluminium Gravity Die-castings, we are looking to appoint an experienced Manufacturing Engineer Contractor. (EXPIRES 14/04/2018)
Our client is a manufacturer of Casting components across 2 manufacturing plants, supporting automotive, power generation, renewable energy, rail and electric vehicle markets, producing low volume & quick to market applications. Due to an extensive order book, newly generated business and wishing to upskill the current work force, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible to improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineer will assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes as well as providing manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
Ideally the candidate will have an Engineering Degree and have excellent communication and influencing skills. Further to this, the Manufacturing Engineer should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
For a proven candidate, this is a stable and secure position working with a company who place their people at the forefront of their successful business. Manufacturing Engineer applicants with experience in Foundry, Casting or Hot Metal production will be an advantage for this role.
To develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
- Graduate calibre preferably in a mechanical/production engineering
- Plus 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience of quality management systems ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:1996
- Experience in management of health and safety
- Experience in modern production control techniques Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma
- Computer literate in Microsoft office packages or equivalent
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Ensure adequate fit for purpose standard work documents are available for shop floor product, processes and equipment
- Acts as a key interface between MBU and Design to successfully deliver new products, processes and equipment
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Keywords: “Production Engineer”, “Process Engineer”, Manufacturing Engineer”, “Project Engineer”, “Work study Engineer”, “Methods Engineer”, Casting, Foundry, “Hot metals”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960306311