Student Support Manager
Student Support Manager (temporary to cover maternity leave)
Job Start: May 2018
Location: The Polesworth School, North Warwickshire
Salary: Band I Pts 28-31 (£21,376 - £23,798)
Contract Type: Full Time, Term Time only (39 weeks)
Contract Term: Temporary to cover maternity leave
The Directors of the Community Academies Trust wish to appoint a full-time temporary Student Support Manager, to cover maternity leave. You will work as a member of the student services team and be based in student services. Reporting to an appropriate member of SLT and in liaison with teaching staff, the post will contribute to overall good order within the school, including behaviour management, and promote the well-being and general progress and achievement of pupils through:
- Providing first line support to students on pastoral issues.
- Providing attendance, behavioural and educational support to students.
- Providing a strategic link between the school and other agencies and parents.
- Acting as one of the school's Child Protection Officers
The Polesworth School is a thriving 11-18 comprehensive with a dynamic sixth form that is extremely popular and well regarded by its North Warwickshire community. It is a founder member of The Community Academies Trust - A DFE sponsor and successful academy chain. We are also a National Teaching School. The Polesworth School is OUTSTANDING! Ofsted recognises the exceptional levels of academic success, care, welfare, relationships and leadership that exist across our school.
We can offer you;
- Focussed career development, including structured CPD
- An outstanding team that work together collaboratively, sharing fantastic ideas and resources
- A supportive induction process and a range of systems to help you continue to develop.
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
- Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
- Do you have what it takes to work with a determined leadership team and staff, which promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
If so, then we welcome you to join our team at The Polesworth School.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th March 2018
Interviews shortly thereafter
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mark Williams on the below details
E: thepolesworthschool@hays .com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service