Technical Asset Manager
Technical Asset Manager
Do you want to work in a growing sector that is about to embark on its most significant change in over twenty years? Have you the skills and attributes to embrace change and develop new ideas?
With more than 9 million gas and electricity meters deployed, My client is a market leader in the meter asset provision sector in the UK. They are the largest independent owner and manager of gas and electricity meters in the UK, including the largest portfolio of 'smart' meters.
Based at our Meter Processing Centre in Coventry, this role will report to the Chief Operating Officer (Assets), developing and managing standards, processes and policies that deliver the compliance and assurance framework for metering equipment, asset management strategies and logistics.
Your role will include:
• Developing, managing and monitoring engineering and technical specifications and standards (including SMART, BSI, IEC, ISO & HSEetc.). Ensuring standards are operationalised and aligned to our contracts.
• Fault determination of metering assets: testing and evaluating meter hardware and firmware, detailed fault review and managing any related incident investigations.
• Developing and maintaining management policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure accreditation requirements are met and maintained.
• Management of the Safety, Health and Environment system for the business, ensuring the system is robust and controlled.
• Liaising with regulatory bodies (OFGEM/DECC/Gas Safe/NMO), standards making bodies (BSI/IGEM) and trade organisations (AMO/UKMF).
• Management of quality control and reliability testing through due diligence processes for new asset procurement or major product change.
• Ensuring compliance with legislation, industry standards and Codes of Practice.
• Maintaining MEL industry accreditations against MAMCOP
• Managing the regulated meter testing programmes, such as National In-Service testing and PEMS review and development.
• Product Change control - management of meter product change; either requested by manufacturers or on a periodic audit basis.
• Identifying and resolving asset management/engineering technical issues.
• Providing high quality technical advice to management and colleagues on compliance issues.
• Providing technical authority to MEL.
We are looking for a highly competent, technical manager with sound knowledge of energy and industry practice. You will be professionally qualified with a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline preferably with I.Eng status and with proven experience in a metering related role. In addition you will have:
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the energy industry;
• A track record of delivering work to time and to budget without compromising standards;
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the tenacity to see things through to completion;
• Good communication skills to build and maintain relationships with customers, manufacturers, regulatory bodies etc., and share technical information effectively;
• Previous experience in a technical compliance/ quality role;
• Previous experience of quality management systems;
• The confidence to question, challenge and advise in a lead technical role;
• A willingness to get 'stuckin’ when required;
• An eye for detail and a desire to get to the root cause of problems
• Good level of IT skills, including Excel.
• Solid understanding of the technical requirements of meter accuracy for gas and electricity meters;
• SMART technical knowledge;
• Comprehensive understanding of SMETS1/SMETS2 functionality and end to end operation;
• IOSH qualification;
• I.Eng professional qualification and membership;
• People management experience.
If you are interested please click APPLY!