Web Content Writer and Editor
We are looking for a versatile writer and editor who loves the idea of being part of a small team and thrives on autonomy to help produce high-quality blog content for our clients.
As a full-time WordPress writer and editor for WordCandy, working as part of our team in Moseley, Birmingham, you will be responsible for:
- Writing WordPress-related blog posts for some of the biggest WordPress blogs on the web.
- Editing blog posts produced by other writers.
- Creating unique and engaging WordPress-related topic ideas.
- Keeping up to speed with the latest developments in the self-hosted WordPress community.
- Experimenting with new WordPress features, themes, and plugins, as well as related products and services.
- The smooth administrative operation of client accounts.
We will expect the following from you:
- Professional writing experience. You’ve produced web content in a professional capacity in previous roles.
- Computer literacy. You’ve been using computers since you were young, and find it easy to pick up new things.
- Attention to detail. You consider yourself a perfectionist, and having the time available to create high-quality work is important to you.
- Passion for learning. You love the idea of diving into a role where you’ll learn new things every day, and value constructive criticism as a means of boosting your skills and experience.
- Pre-existing experience with WordPress (professional and/or personal). You’re no stranger to creating and maintaining websites using self-hosted WordPress.
WordCandy is a fast-growing business based at the Moseley Exchange in Birmingham and formed in 2011 when its founder, Tom Ewer, started writing blog posts for WordPress-related publications on the web. It has since grown to a team of four full-time team members producing over a hundred articles per month for various WordPress-related clients.
This is a full-time role (7.5 hours per day) with a great deal of potential for growth.