Working with an organisation that has been established for many years, we have a fantastic opportunity for a temporary Accounts Assistant to work within their Corporate Finance Department. Easily accessible via public transport and working in a stable and friendly team environment, this is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for providing accurate and responsive support to the Finance Manager, effectively utilising systems to ensure that sales and purchase ledger, purchasing and credit control processes and other finance requirements are delivered efficiently and on time. The main duties are as follows: -
- Maintaining sales and purchase ledgers, efficiently and accurately.
- Raising purchase orders, authorising invoices and processing payments
- Credit control - ensuring direct debits are collected promptly and all outstanding invoices are chased promptly.
- Producing reports including year-end reconciliations, figures, KPIs and outstanding invoices.
- Collating and checking financial information, maintaining spreadsheets and ensuring that all relevant documentation is accurately filed correctly.
- Banking receipts, managing petty cash systems, and online receipts and payments.
- Producing monthly reports and preparing/inputting journals for petty cash, accruals and prepayments.
- Collating, checking and paying monthly staff expenses
- Assisting with budget preparation, cash flow forecasts, accounts preparation, VAT returns, PIId's etc
- Previous experience in an accounts/finance support role
- Experience in Xero software is essential
- Experience of other accounting systems such as Sage or Opera advantageous but not essential
- Excel knowledge including ability to create and maintain detailed spreadsheets
- Well presented with a professional and friendly approach
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Finance Assistant, Finance Coordinator, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Accounts Coordinator.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.