An excellent opportunity has become available to work for my client who is a leading manufacturer based in Hinckley.
Please review the below requirements for this role, and if you feel that you have the suitable experience then please apply.
With the Procurement Category Manager they will develop category strategies and sourcing initiatives with the aim of:
* Supporting our production volume growth
* Maintaining and building on our high quality standards
* Reducing development lead-times
* Reducing BOM cost
* Bringing new market technologies to our products expediently
They will work with the wider product, design and QC functions and champion the development of the performance of our existing supply base. Where appropriate they will identify new sources, and rationalise our current supply base.
You will analyse trends in their categories and advise on the most suitable sources for upcoming development programmes.
You will ensure cross functional collaboration with product, design and QC teams to arrive at balanced/considered outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Manage a selection of suppliers for their commodity group.
* Manage and own the sourcing and development activities of components for new model programmes to achieve key stage gates before handing over ownership to the Supply Chain Team for ongoing production.
* Develop a strategy for their commodities ensuring best value and quickest and most suitable sources for new model development programmes.
* Analyse supplier resources to ensure continued development support.
* Perform category management including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management.
* Evaluate cost data and quotation analyses for supplier selections.
* Identify cost saving opportunities and developing a strategy through VE or negotiations.
* Develop and maintain expert knowledge of their commodity's global supply market and ensure a suitable knowledge base is maintained for the company.
* Preparation of reports and presentations for their respective categories.
Essential skill requirements:
* Good commercial awareness and acumen.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to include problem solving, can-do attitude, self-motivation, and be able to negotiate and influence at all levels.
* Have a positive outlook.
* Multi-tasking experience and flexibility to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
* Attention to detail and having a high degree of accuracy.
* Effective organisational skills and good at time management.
* Analytical and logical.
* Must be able to demonstrate sound work ethics.
* Be flexible for worldwide overseas travel and overtime as required from time to time.
* Demonstrable excellent and professional verbal and written communications at all levels both internally and externally to the organisation.
* IT skills - Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* A relevant business studies, supply chain, procurement or engineering related qualification would be preferable. Alternatively we would consider the right candidate who can demonstrate experience of working within a role which required good commercial awareness and business acumen.
My client offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes including:
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme. Discounts and Childcare Vouchers.
Salary: Up to £40k pa depending on experience.
If you believe this role is right for you please contact Vicki Brookes at GI Group Coventry or email your CV