Desktop Field Engineer
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our customer, a Managed IT Specialist organization who provide tailor made cloud hosted desktop solutions for their customers both in the UK and internationally.
Purpose of the Job
You will become the desktop engineer for one of their major customers. The expectation will be that you are at customer sites for majority of the time, this role will interface directly with customers, our service desk teams in Bournemouth, Telford & New Zealand, the Implementation team, the Sales team and Account Management team as well as various levels of management to provide first class support to our client’s customers. There may also be requirements for involvement with ad-hoc projects required throughout the teams.
You will be required to visit other facilities and customer locations throughout the UK as required and therefore a Full UK Driving License is required, and access to the use of a vehicle. It is anticipated that you will be based 3 days a week at the client site. With a home base option of Telford, Bournemouth or Central London.
The on-site support provides a wide variety of IT tasks from day to day incidents and projects, from installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting all services and equipment such as PCs, laptops, network devices, printers, handheld devices such as tablets and smartphones, servers and all relevant operating systems both at customer sites and within our data centers.
- Actively managing a list of calls escalated from the Service Desk Team, including regularly updating calls, investigative work and keeping customers / users up to date.
- Taking calls from customers / users and logging the call within company guidelines and procedures.
- Performing maintenance and technical tasks as required including: computer and laptop builds and diagnosis of problems.
- Performing testing and other investigative work as necessary.
- Working as part of a larger team in order to meet targets and maintain service level agreements.
- Completing on-site support duties as required with possible occasional travel involving late or overnight stays.
Skills and Knowledgebase
- Strong customer facing skills and onsite customer deployment experience
- Strong 2nd Line Support Engineer skill set
- An excellent understanding of PC/Laptop hardware
- Windows 7/8/10 OS, Mac OS & the MS Office suite for both
- Mac hardware and Apple OSX
- Experience supporting and resolving printer issues
- Windows 2008/2012 Server, active directory, group policy, SCCM
- Exchange server 2007/2010, Citrix XenApp
- Network devices including firewalls, LAN switches and routers (IP routing, IPSec, VPN, VLAN, LACP)
Advantageous Technical Skills
- Telephone systems (VOIP, SIP), ShoreTel phone system
- Any experience managing technology migration projects
- Datacenters and virtualization
- You are organised, self-Disciplined with the ability to manage your own time effectively
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are intelligent and articulate
- You have a calm and professional work ethic including time keeping, appearance, delivery on promises made
- You have an excellent attention to detail
- You have an aptitude for diagnosing issues and problem solve You have a passion for technology
- You understand the benefits of first class customer service.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303800