MATERIAL PLANNER - AUTOMOTIVE
I am seeking a skilled Material Planner for a leading automotive business based in Birmingham. Due to continued growth, the business is expanding the supply chain team and has created a material planning role. The business has state of the art facilities and can offer genuine opportunities for progression and development.
As the site Material Planner, you will be reporting into the Material Planning Manager and be challenged to maintain accurate material schedules. You will need to be able to operate with autonomy and take ownership for the planning function.
Your role will involve understanding sales forecasts and monitoring inventory levels, ensuring optimum levels of stock are maintained on site, whilst planning the weekly schedules for different production lines. You will plan and communicate the availability of all materials and the sequence/timing of production orders. In this role, you will also be looking to develop the team and drive continuous improvement in the planning activity. Key responsibilities will likely include;
- Creating the schedules for production, materials deliveries, material release
- Ensure that the demand plan is met and scheduled to meet the requirements of the business.
- Agree schedules with internal customers
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager to ensure outside warehouse
Based in Birmingham, the ideal Material Planner will need to have strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
- 3 years + Material planning experience, ideally gained in a high volume, fast paced engineering environment
- Ideally degree qualified with CIPS/MCIPS
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong ERP/MRP/SAP and IT skills (excel)
The successful candidate will be joining a global automotive organisation. This business is a UK based Tier 1 business. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this role and there are already plans in place for promotion opportunities. You will be joining a company that is very profitable and is currently enjoying double digit growth, with a market leading product line and highly reputable client base. This is a unique opportunity. If you are interested, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302442