Marketing Communications Coordinator
Marketing Communications Coordinator
£20,000 – 25,000 per annum
Our client is a thriving Independent Training Provider that operates as a social enterprise. They specialise in enabling talented people from different backgrounds and experiences to succeed. They help them get into and get on in creative, digital and marketing roles in any company.
They do this through providing:
- Careers Education and ‘Foot in the Door into ….’ Training courses;
- Apprenticeships in a whole range of different roles, including digital marketers, digital content producers, graphic designers and lighting engineers;
- Training courses in digital, marketing and entrepreneurship skills for those looking to set up, grow or move up in their business.
Working with their talented team, young people and our contacts throughout the creative and cultural sectors the Communications Coordinator will deliver the companies Communications Plan.
- Full-time and 12-month fixed term contract.
- £20 - 25k per annum dependent on experience.
- 28 days’ annual leave.
- To deliver the communications plan by acting as first point of contact for communications, monitoring and reporting progress and making sure the right members of the team are kept up to date and in the loop.
- To ensure that apprenticeships, their projects, their work with employers, their training and their role in the apprenticeship and careers education fields are promoted effectively through marketing communications, media relations, social media, events and the company website (liaising with the web editor as appropriate).
- To develop and deliver a web and social media strategy to make content planning and placing easier and more effective.
- To work closely with members of the team to create copy and choose images for communications materials, the website, e-flyers and social media, targeted at our key audiences and making sure they are produced to a high standard.
- To use staff meetings to report on communications and gather related information from colleagues.
- To check all external communications are ‘on message’, using the key messages in our communications plan.
- To act as the first contact point and project manager for external designers, photographers, printers and other communications-focused suppliers.
- To deliver press office service; developing media contact lists, responding to media enquiries and drafting and distributing media releases, briefings and statements, coordinating articles and building contact and relationships with the media.
- To take charge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn page - regularly getting material from the team, devising messages and campaigns and putting the right images together.
- To work with the team, current and past apprentices, employers and creative organisations to build and maintain a bank of case studies and personal stories and gather material for blog posts.
- To organise own events, including an opportunities fair, and represent the company at other exhibitions and conferences.
- To develop and implement regular ways of evaluating the success of the company’s communications. This includes working with the team to provide surveys to our target audiences via MailChimp and other channels.
- Ensure that communications are built on firm foundations by checking that all relevant legal and best practice procedures are in place.
- To report back in the progress of communications as required to senior management and the Board.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in communications either in a corporate or not-for-profit environment.
- First class written and verbal communications ability.
- Comfortable and confident with social media.
- Confident in delivering all aspects of media relations – including selling in stories to journalists.
- Skilled and confident relationship builder who enjoys building, maintaining and sustaining contacts.
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated.
- Proven understanding and experience of the project management involved in producing marketing materials – from initial planning to meeting delivery deadlines.
- Technical ability: a working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator is desirable; experience in using content management systems and managing and updating websites, taking photographs and making simple and short videos for digital channels.
Interested? Please apply today and of our specialist Education consultants will be in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301582