Machinery Maintenance Manager
Job Title: Machinery Maintenance Manager
Have you ever wondered what it takes to support our armed forces?
My Client is a FTSE-100 Defence & Engineering company and is currently recruiting within their land division based in Donnington and are interested in hearing from candidates with large machinery maintenance experience.
You will be responsible for managing the maintenance schedules, improvements and introduction of heavy machinery such as CNC lathes within an armoured vehicle environment.
- To manage the maintenance regimes of critical plant and machinery
- To audit standards of work conducted by contractors and feedback/ escalate substandard work through contract channels
- Creating innovative ideas to improve machining areas
- Managing a team of maintenance staff
- Improving the processes for maintenance of machinery
- Keeping health and safety to high regard
- Manage the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedule for area of responsibility
- Liaise with contractors, ensuring safety and security procedures are being followed while working on site
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment, managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties. Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal
- To stakeholder manage Supervisors and Workshop Managers on progress of work orders so they are informed and can make priority decision on production
- Managing work order request life cycle from receipt to closure
What can we offer you?
- Excellent job security as demonstrated by our £20 billion order book
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Professional subscription support
- Occupational Health services
- Career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our award winning Investors in People Gold award Learning & Development teams.
We are charged with the national maintenance programme to support to the entirety of the in-service armed forces across all classes of vessels. From feasibility analyse of engineering problems and solutions to fully incorporated design changes we support the entire design lifecycle.
Successful applicants will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market-leading organisation in an interesting workshop. For more information or to make an application please apply to this ad.
Key words: Facility Management, FM, Machinery Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance Manager, CNC, Lathe, Heavy Machinery, Engineering, Production, Manufacturing, Heavy Engineering.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301494