Hydraforce Hydraulics Ltd is recruiting a Quality Engineer to join us at our advanced Manufacturing Hub in Birmingham.
As a Quality Engineer you will work in conjunction with the Business Unit Manager to support the manufacturing production environment, taking preventative action to overcome problems and take necessary action to resolve identified issues to ensure quality of processes & final product is maintained.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Support the manufacturing line in maintaining outputs in line with existing procedures
- Formulating KPIs, including devising measures and associated Action Plans and monitoring outputs, identifying and resolving associated issues
- Training colleagues in quality tools, processes and equipment
- Liaising with internal colleagues and external suppliers / customers where required to identify and resolve issues
- Manage customer and internal Quality and Warranty concerns; ensuring professional data based Corrective Actions (to an 8D standard) are taken to achieve satisfactory resolution of issues.
- Formulating Production Part Approval Process ( PPAP) documents above level 2 status as specified by the customer or HydraForce Procedures, initial inspection reports by documenting return products condition, coordinating analysis and testing of product, ensuring timely progress of report closures and associated Action Plans and monitoring outputs, identifying and resolving associated issues
- Support prototype builds ensuring all Engineering, customer and other requirements are met
- Specify required relevant purchases and make appropriate recommendations to meet requirements
- Implement and monitor lean, capable manufacturing processes, ensuring that best practice is achieved and maintained
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and contribute to their implementation and ongoing efficiencies
- Provide and support resolution of day to day manufacturing issues
- Assist colleagues with data collection and trials
Qualifications & experience:
- HNC/HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification preferred, or qualified by experience
- Experienced in measuring parts
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel
- Experienced in 8D
- Proven background in business improvement activities
- Familiar with ISO 9000, FMEA, APQP, SPC and R & R studies, knowledge of ISO 14000 advantageous
- Experience of hydraulics preferred but not essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a track record of identifying solutions and delivering recommendations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to compose succinct written reports which are outline issues and relevant recommendations such that they can be easily interpreted and understood
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage small projects from start to completion in a timely manner, meeting budgetary requirements
- Team player with the ability to work effectively within a multi-cultural and diverse team
- Flexible with the ability to work across teams effectively and seamlessly
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
Please note we are recruiting this vacancy direct and will not be engaging with agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960192489