Salary: Up to £50000 per year + 5% flexible benefits fund
Location: Birmingham (with occasional travel to client site)
As a Payroll Manager you will be required to manage a local team of 2 and oversee the actions of an offshore team of around 10. You will be a managing everything ‘Payroll’ on this key account, so we are looking for someone who isn’t afraid of rolling their sleeves up and being a real hands on leader.
As the role progresses, there may be an opportunity to take on multiple clients which would not only serve the business area well, but also boost your status in the company.
- Key focus of the role will be ownership and management of a team delivering to clients and ensuring service Levels are met
- Cost controls and process efficiency challenges are met
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage client escalations.
- Commercial and contractual risk management
- Previous/current experience in a Payroll Manager position is essential to be a success in the role
- Expert at delivering payroll services using SAP
- Experience of managing a local and offshore team
- Expert at delivering payroll services to meet all Service Levels, able to drive process efficiency challenges and to ensure all key controls are robust and being followed
- Experienced and able to deal confidently with clients and senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage Flexible approach to hours and location and able to travel if required
- Experience of working with internal or external client
- Some experience across major payroll systems including ORACLE and ResourceLink
- Experience of working in a shared service or BPO environment
- Experience with payroll Success Factors is desired
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300380