Registered Nurse RGN Surgical
We are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse to join their team of ward staff within a Private Hospital in Edgbaston.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN or post EN conversion course with full UK registration
- Post registration clinical course (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Surgical experience in orthopaedics/ gynae/ general surgery/ cosmetics beneficial.
- Proven experience in an acute hospital
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients
- To take charge of the ward in absence of Sister and Senior Staff Nurse
- To provide support and guidance for junior staff members
- To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by staff
- To ensure that all Health and Safety policies and other relevant legislation procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as is reasonably practicable
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- To assist in other wards or departments as required by the Director of Clinical Services
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
This is a full time permanent position and offers a competitive salary of £26,301 per annum which may be negotiable dependant on experience plus weekday and weekend enhancements and also offer access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
Plus excellent career development opportunities.
To apply for the role of Registered Nurse RGN Surgical, please click APPLY now and send CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80365690