Membership Sales Advisor - Quarry
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, 5 out of 7 days
Location: Quarry Swimming & Fitness Centre, Shrewsbury, SY1 1RU
Salary: £15,020.40 to £15,117.12 per annum
Serco is currently recruiting for a Membership Sales Advisor to work at Quarry Swimming and Fitness centre.
Managed by Serco, Shropshire Community Leisure Limited was formed as a company limited by guarantee and commenced the management of Whitchurch Swimming Centre, Market Drayton Swimming Pool, Oswestry Leisure Centre, Shrewsbury Sports Village and The Quarry Swimming Pools.
The Quarry Swimming and Fitness Centre has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults to energetic aqua fit classes to and relaxing sauna in the health suite. Please see for yourself: https://www.shropshireleisurecentres.com/the_quarry
The membership sales advisor is to provide concise membership information with regards to the facility and its offerings. You will be required to show the facility, discuss its offerings and programming along with selling the membership. The role will involve a high level of customer interaction; this may be face to face or over the telephone. In addition, there will be times when you will be required to assist other members of staff.
- To ensure that customer service is delivered, in relation to memberships, consistently, to a high standard and understands how the importance of sales links to the commercial contract strategy.
- Maintain a network of relationships to deliver excellent continuous customer service and the promotion of the facility externall in line with Serco/Trust/Client improvement
- Manage sales requirments on a day to day basis, especially in the absence of the Commercial Manager to comply with company policies and ensure high standards at all times.
- To comply with the company financial procedures, in relation to cash handling, selling with integrity and encouraging conversation of all sales opportunities.
- Ability to think quickly but react calmly whilst overcoming any objections
- An adaptable approach to lead others, both staff and customers
- Expectation to hit and exceed monthly targets
- Previous experience of dealing face to face with customers with a maturity and calmness under pressure
- Experience of a sales culture and background
- The ability to handle cash and maintain records
- Free membership for yourself and a family member
- Excellent training opportunities
- A fun, safe and professional environment
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80378693