Logistics Administrator - Birmingham
We have an opportunity for a capable person with good office administration skills and an understanding Procurement and Stock Management to join a Telematics company as a Logistics Administrator.
This Logistics Administrator vacancy comes with varied duties including:
- Sales Order Processing
- Stock Audit
- Some Warehouse Duties
You'll have experience in office administration, have good understanding of the principles of Procurement, stock control or logistics management and Microsoft Office skills. You'll be a flexible, proactive team player with the ability to solve problems in a methodical, logical way.
What you'll be doing as the Logistics Administrator:
- You'll work as part of the Logistics Team ensuring a timely and accurate response to all internal and external customer requirements
- You'll purchase, monitor and record stock movements and transactions in relation to sales orders, new configurations and warranty requests utilising the bespoke ERP software (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- You'll monitor stock levels as agreed by the Logistics Manager and administer procurement requirements to ensure customer orders are fulfilled
Logistics Administrator responsibilities:
- Procurement This involves continuous stock level audit and maintenance of minimum stock levels. Generating purchase orders on ERP system and Audit and monitoring open purchase orders. Liaising with purchase ledger department as necessary
- Sales Order Processing You will be responding to orders from European Dealers. This will involve confirming the integrity and validity of purchase orders and contracts. Converting incoming sales agreements and purchase orders through the sales order process using the ERP system.
- Warranty Administration Identifying and applying correct warranty terms based on contract type. Generating warranty sales orders, assisting with stock maintenance, liaising with the customer response centre and technical teams for testing and support
- Stock Audit - Maintaining accurate stock valuation. Auditing of physical and remote stock locations. This will include assisting in the quarterly stock audit of the main warehouse.
- Occasionally you'll need to cover Warehouse Duties. This will include picking, packing and palletizing of units, serial number data recording, receipt and recording of returns, electronic recording and organisation of documents, general housekeeping of warehouse and supervising temporary staff as required
Skills, experience and knowledge required for the Logistics Administrator:
- You'll come with 2 or 3 yrs+ office administration experience, ideally gained in a fast moving business to business environment
- You'll have experience with procurement or stock management processes, ideally computer hardware
- You'll be familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and ideally have experience of using ERP or WMS systems
- Naturally you'll have confident spoken and written communications skills
- If you come from a Telematics, Fleet Management Software or Logistics background you'll have a distinct advantage, but this is not essential
- An understanding of the principles of GDPR is preferred but not essential.
- Training in all areas will be provided
- 25 days holiday plus Banks Holidays
- Pension with auto enrolment at 2% + matched contributions to 7.5%
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Online discount scheme
Telematics, Logistics, Procurement, Administrator, office, administration, Sales Order Processing, Administration, Stock control, Warehouse admin
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80362624