Fitter,Tester (Immediate Interview and Start)
A leading Aerospace Engineering Manufacturer are seeking a number of Fitter / Testers. This will be a 6 month contract with the likely hood of extension
- Evaluate and build units and sub-assemblies using mechanical and electrical techniques as required by the appropriate media (Technical drawings, manufacturing process plans, production acceptance test schedules etc….)
- Adhere to the relevant quality procedures and requirements, and participate in events/ investigations as necessary
- Using appropriate test facilities perform required tests to the relevant specification recording results as necessary.
- Perform final inspection duties as required on completed units prior to dispatch.
- Capable of performing any process or function within the assembly and test route.
- Able to assess manufactured features for conformance to requirements, and to declare any non-conformances
- Support the team and team leader in their objectives and to actively participate in improvements
- Control, operate and maintain stock control systems as appropriate
- Transportation of materials, tools and equipment as necessary
- Support continuous improvement deployment through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- MUST be Apprentice trained OR have relevant qualification up to Level 3 - With Certificates to show as proof at the interview
- Assembly and Test experience required
- Flexible approach with a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Good communication skills
- An enthusiast who is able to work on their own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively within the working environment
- Demonstrable problem solving abilities
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296983