Project Engineer - Electrical Architecture
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world’s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Project Engineer – Electrical Architecture to be based at our customers site in Gaydon.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
Project Engineer for delivery of electrical and electronic system architecture development. Required to define on-vehicle electrical architectures, integration of communication networks and electrical distribution systems. You will provide technical expertise in your area.
Area of Responsibility
- You will provide on time delivery of electrical architectures and their communication networks working to the highest standards possible.
- You will participate in a team and in technical discussions to deliver robust fault free architectures through the application of the Concurrent Engineering disciplines DFMEA, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
- Develop the communication databus specifications & the Statements of Work for the Supplier to develop against
- Validate that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
- Ensure the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery, represent the engineers of the components/ subsystems in that module, and call in other experts as necessary, such as PMST Leaders, Development Engineers, Analysis Engineers, Vehicle Integration Engineers etc.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience working with a range of On-Car communication systems (CAN, Ethernet, Lin, Flexray).
- Experience in analysing automotive network dataflows and analysing databus bandwidth requirements. Furthermore experience with Preevision or similar tools to analyse network bandwidth and generate communication databases would be an advantage.
- An understanding of the implications of ISO26262 on automotive system architecture desire would be strongly desirable.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector in passenger car, although other sectors are of interest
- Strong experience and technical knowledge of system integration testing, using tools such as CANalyser, CANape and CANOE.
- Knowledge of On board – Off Board Diagnostics; including all the techniques related to guided diagnostics.
- Experience of prototype vehicle build up, system commissioning and managing issue resolution
- Good understanding of Electrical systems supplier landscape and experience of managing supplier technical delivery
- You will be degree educated or significant equivalent experience or qualifications.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme – We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days’ Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield – Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better™.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80383637