Our client is the largest independent construction materials group in the UK. They operate the country's largest cement plant, two cement import terminals, around 60 quarries, 26 asphalt plants, 200 ready-mixed concrete & mortar plants and three concrete block plants, employing around 2,300 people nationwide.
Our client is currently looking for a Distribution Manager based at their Leaton office in Telford, Shropshire. The role will involve motivating and leading a team, which is responsible for the distribution of Asphalt, Aggregates and Concrete in the West Midlands Market. You will develop relationships with our customer base and ensure a high standard of customer service is maintained. You will proactively drive performance within the team and establish procedures which enhance collaborative working across the area.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Development of a high performance sales and service culture through the coaching and development of the distribution teams
- Strong performance management of KPI's; focusing on customer needs and quality service
- Close liaison with the external sales team and key customers to understand customer performance and behaviour to identify and influence opportunities to improve service offering and generate future growth
- Close liaison with the operations team to ensure customer's needs are met
- Working collaboratively with all functions to ensure the delivery of the area commercial strategy
- Ensuring optimal use of transport and plant to ensure efficient delivery of materials
- Proactively supporting the management and resolution of complaints
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
You should be an effective motivator, influencer and communicator with the ability to work with the team to identify opportunities to continually improve our effectiveness. Experience within the construction materials industry would be advantageous.
Our client places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80383881