North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business.
NMCNomenca are proud to be delivering one of the largest engineering works that STW will have gone through in recent years. We are looking to recruit for highly skilled Mechanical Engineers to assist with the design phase of a new Water Treatment Works. This is a high value, highly critical project that will service the water supply to over 1.3million customers throughout Birmingham.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer, based in a co-located environment on a live water treatment works in Birmingham. Reporting in to the Design Lead, you will work alongside the project team to ensure the design of mechanical assets are of the highest nature.
Main Duties to Include:
- Design of M&E assets eg. Pumping Stations, CSO`s & associated civil structures etc.
- Equipment sizing & selection (pumps, mixers, pipework etc)
- Early site investigation works coordination
- Early procurement of materials
- Attendance and input into internal and client design reviews
- Involvement with cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Involvement with preparation of subcontract orders
- Assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
- Liaison with site manager and site teams to ensure work is completed to programme, budget and quality
- Innovations to current standards
- Managing key project constraints
- Preparation & management of project programmes
- Proactive approach to maintaining high standards of Health & Safety performance
Skills & Qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- AutoCAD advantageous but not essential
North Midland Construction PLC is an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80374934