Finance Manager - Birmingham, West Midlands - £29,000 to £33,000
A specialist therapeutic family support service offering a diverse range of services to children and families in schools and other community settings. As the Finance Manager, you will take full responsibility for the day to day management of the finance function.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Monitor and process the day-to-day financial operations within the company using Sage 50 Accounts and Excel spread sheets
- Liaise with external providers such as the auditor, payroll provider and bank
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and cash flow forecast
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Banking and monthly bank reconciliations
- Responsibility for sales and purchase ledger
- Expenses monitoring and processing
- Month end journals for accruals, prepayments, depreciation, deferred and accrued income
- Quarterly VAT returns and submission to HMRC
- Assist with the financial aspects of tenders and grant applications, claims & monitoring
- Completion & submission of Annual Returns for Charity Commission and Companies House
- Presentation of financial reports to board members
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
Requirements of this role:
- Able to hit the ground running
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail/methodical/organised/hands on approach
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or part qualified with post qualification experience
- Competent in Sage 50 accounting package
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills essential
- Experienced in financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you have not heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We may close this advert early should we get sufficient volume of quality candidates, so please do not delay sending in your application.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80386245