Team Leader Assembly
To manufacture the full range of dome products, maintaining responsibility for the day to day operation of the dome assembly cell in the absence of your supervisor. As domes assembly team leader your responsibility is to support your supervisor to ensure the correct operation of all standard operating procedures in the section, to ensure your team delivers finished goods to the right quality and on time. To ensure the cell achieves it key objectives including capacity, cost, product quality, and customer service consistently. To support Brett Martin Daylight Systems promoting its strategies and initiatives within your team.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSBILITIES
• Support the company health and safety policy by ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed in the cell, ensuring operators are following safe practices when operating equipment and machinery (including the correct use of PPE), and equipment and machinery in the cell are not tampered with.
• To ensure that all standard operating procedures within the cell are adhered to by all members of your team, and any temporary staff addressing directly and/or reporting to your supervisor.
• Develop good working relationships with your team based on trust and mutual respect. You should give praise where it is due and guidance on how to improve when it is needed.
• To address any discrepancies between expected operator performance and actual performance relating to; productivity, quality and safety, (including any routine checks in place) by discussing with the operator and/or reporting these issues to your supervisor and/or manager. It is critical that you send out a clear message that these expected standards are achieved and adhered to, and are able to seek advice and support from your supervisor and/or manager as required. This is a key objective of your role as a team leader.
• As a team leader you are required to set good examples to your colleagues acting as a role model to your team and other teams around the business.
• To support the achievement of the production schedule, and report any deviations or hold-ups that may impact upon the plan and its achievement, to you supervisor promptly.
• To ensure all operators within the team have continuous work and always have their next task allocated, to ensure hold-ups are kept to a minimum and high levels of productivity are achieved.
• To supply provisions to all assembly and sub-assembly areas to ensure all operators have all items required to hand to complete their allocated production tasks; i.e. tape, skins, foam, etc. To reduce hold-ups and support high levels of productivity.
• Report any breakdowns within your cell immediately to your supervisor and clearly communicating its impact upon production.
• To ensure any faults to equipment and machinery are reported to your supervisor or via the relevant channels in a reasonable period of time.
• Provide timely production updates to the domes manager in the absence of your supervisor.
• Maintain good housekeeping within the cell. Ensuring sufficient housekeeping daily tasks are completed and machine and equipment checks and maintenance is carried out periodically, where there are deviations, you are required to report these to your supervisor.
Essential• Good interpersonal skill
• Is a team player
• Is committed to high levels of quality
• Strong ability to plan and organise
• Is enthusiastic
• Safe attitude to work
• Conscientious and able to work without cutting corners
• Reliable with good time keeping
• Is able to work overtime at sometimes short notice when there is risk to customer service
COMPETENCIES Obtaining trust and respect from your team members through effective people management, though maintaining the levels of appropriateness required from a team leader.
In common with all departments of Brett Martin, high standards of behaviour, timekeeping and attendance are required.
Is committed to quality with a good understanding of customer service, supporting the use and adherence to standard operating procedures and technical specifications.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80363914