With sales of EUR40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately EUR8.3 billion in 2016.
The Purchaser is responsible for purchasing activities during series production to ensure a smooth operation of our production facilities at both Birmingham and Devizes for defined categories.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Driver of the change management toward suppliers for defined categories - materials from pressed parts, plastics to electronics.
* Ensures proper information exchange to/from suppliers in case of change requests.
* Negotiates changes with suppliers in alignment with category management.
* Supports the replacement process for supplier tooling.
* Ensures flawless execution during series production.
* Responsible for local data maintenance in SAP >only for defined categories.
* Supports the escalation process for SQM and logistics topics.
* Supports ramp up of new products.
* Negotiate nonconformance costs <50kEUR.
* Cover the UK purchasing function for non-production materials and production materials up to a value of EUR20K.
* Purchasing for both Birmingham and Devizes.
* Purchasing activities for dedicated local materials.
* Support of Category Management ( Central purchasing )
To be successful in this role it is highly that you will possess most of the following skills/attributes:
* You will have previously worked within the Automotive Industry.
* It would be highly advantageous if you are working towards or already CIPS qualified.
* The ideal person can come from a Business Management/General Engineering background. * Knowledge of SAP (or equivalent) and Microsoft Office.
What we offer in return:
* A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
* A generous contributory pension scheme.
* On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
* Healthcare cash back scheme.
* Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
* Death in service insurance.
* Child care vouchers.
* Free on-site parking.
* Flexible Working.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80337636