We are a Northampton based manufacturer and, through company expansion, we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in the entertainment / exhibition / conference & sporting events industries. You should also have some exposure to principals of Structural Design Engineering.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Good holiday allowance + Access to company pension scheme + Mobile / Laptop as required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Coventry; Leamington Spa; Wellingborough; Kettering; Daventry, Market Harborough; Rugby; Lutterworth; Leicester; Hinckley; Nuneaton Banbury; Bicester; Milton Keynes; Bedford;
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
* If you have any experience designing mechanical equipment with a lifting / load bearing / suspension element such as cranes / lifts / rigging / hoists etc. and want to work in an exciting, fast paced industry where every project is bespoke – this is the job for you.
* We’re a well-established and respected company – market leading in our sector - and going through expansion. This is a great time to join us.
Working from the Northampton based office, you will be utilising AutoCAD (as a mechanical design engineer) to design and dimension fabrication drawings on projects based on a client’s specifications. You will also, on occasion, be visiting customer sites across the UK.
This is not a boring, old, industrial design job. We work with high profile clients from across the world in markets such as Entertainment, Exhibitions and Corporate Events. We add value wherever we can solve the challenges of suspending, elevating and moving equipment or people.
You will work with a client throughout the life-cycle of the project – from initial enquiry through to completion.
To succeed in your application:
* You must be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
* You will hold some sort of Mechanical Engineering qualification (ONC / HNC or above.
* You will have experience of AutoCAD and preferably AutoCAD Inventor. Experience of other software packages may also be considered if those skills are transferrable.
* You will have some exposure (whether through education or work experience) and an appreciation of structural engineering principals
PROSPECTS: This role will develop to suit the skills of the individual. We are also a growing company with a track record of promoting talent internally.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Design Engineer reference SP1803-20 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683307 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80372551