National Inventory Manager
National Inventory Manager
Tamworth, Staffordshire, Warwickshire
Highly competitive salary and Excellent Benefits Package
Cast UK are working in partnership with Bunzl PLC, an established FTSE 100 business, and the its Catering Division based at the National Distribution Centre near Tamworth. A newly created role of National Inventory Manager is now a priority appointment for this prestigious operation. Reporting directly to the UK Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Accountable for inventory control across all Bunzl Catering Supplies Branches.
Develop and execute daily, weekly and monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy and service to support in delivering a world class operation across Bunzl Catering Supplies.
To develop and deliver the BCS inventory strategy, standardise and implement robust processes, and be responsible for ensuring all inventory policies and practices are adhered to and adopted throughout the organisation.
- To create, establish and evolve the Inventory Control role within BCS Operations.
- Ensure best practice within all site inventory teams; through the implementation of new ways of working, robust SOP's.
- Develop routines and procedures that contribute to maintaining accurate stock files.
- Undertake Root cause and trend analysis, then proactively educate the inventory and operational teams on issues that arise which could have been solved at source.
- Conduct detailed audits of all inventory functions across the network.
- Line management of the NDC inventory team and Inventory Controllers across the network. Actively manage their activity and also their development; which includes being responsible for performance reviews, coaching and development, lead a high performing team and support succession plans.
Skills & Experience:
The National Inventory Manager will be involved in a variety of tasks which call for drive, accuracy, precision and specialist technical skills. The incumbent will need to enjoy working in areas which require attention to detail and maintaining quality and standards. The job involves new concepts, equipment, ideas and problem solving where a sound depth of knowledge and expertise are a strong requirement. Persistence and the ability to see a job through to conclusion are important to the role as is security and a structured working environment.
Critical to this appointment is experience with building or improving inventory management systems & processes in a medium or large organisation. An ability to show inventory & quality improvement in a continually changing environment. You will be an experienced people manager & leader, with a proven ability to effectively use a variety of people management tools & processes to engage & motivate a team.
Bunzl Catering, based across multiple locations nationwide, is a major division within the FTSE 100 business Bunzl PLC.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80360365