Mechanical Engineer- Powertrain concept resolution
We are looking for a creative automotive Mechanical Engineer to use their Design & Development experience to assist and/or lead in the resolution of Powertrain engineering issues. You will have considerable knowledge/experience of Powertrain, including experience working within at least one of the 9 key systems (for example cooling systems, exhausts, air intake etc.).
Please note that for this position you must have eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship.
The PSTI department functions across all hardware disciplines within Powertrain. You will be called upon to operate in an exciting high pressure environment, assisting in the resolution of major cross commodity internal Powertrain issues. This will include but not be limited to: Base Engine integration with Transmissions, Exhaust, Cooling & Air Intake systems concept resolution leadership. Additional Powertrain Systems including the various Hybrid sub system hardware of both Electrification and Propulsion systems and Fuel Systems will also provide ample opportunities to apply and expand your technical skillset. Close co-operation with your opposite numbers in the Chassis, Body and Vehicle Engineering will be vital to the successful delivery of your objectives.
1) CATIA V5 / Digitalbuck / Team Centre - you will be asked to take a CAD test as part of the interview process
2) Familiarity with vehicle installation requirements & proven delivery of at least one of the nine Powertrain systems into production
3) Proven capability of working across multiple Powertrain disciplines
- A substantial number of years experience in Automotive Engineering
- Preferably degree qualified but not essential
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, with a positive approach and the ability to proactively communicate within and outside of the department, operating in an environment where the goal is to break the status quo, challenge convention whilst remaining focussed on a feasible solution.
- Specific knowledge of Engine installations, Vehicle PT Cooling Systems & Exhaust After treatment will be a distinct advantage
If you do not have the experience required but can demonstrate the primary skills required (as listed above) they will be considered.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296527