Locum ITU Nurse
Locum ITU Nurse
Band 5 and Band 6
£22 to £28 per hour
Peritus Healthcare are currently recruiting highly experienced band 5 and band 6 ITU nurses to cover a variety of locum shifts for a leading NHS Trust.
Applicants should be enthusiastic and highly motivated with excellent standards of nursing care, good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must hold either a current nursing registration with the NMC together with experience in an ITU/HDU setting.
We are offering, Day, Night, Early, Lates and Twilight shifts within a different variety of ITU wards ranging from neuro, surgical and respiratory and general intensive care.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients' clinical status.
- Evaluate patients' vital signs and laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs.
- Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
- Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
- Advocate for patients' and families' needs, or provide emotional support for patients and their families.
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure lines.
Qualifications & Skills
- Registered Nurse – Part 1
- Post-registration ITU/Critical Care Course
- Up to date knowledge in Critical Care nursing
- Up to date technical skills in Critical Care nursing
- Aware of NMC code
- Basic workload / shift management
- Excellent communication skills
If you are interested in this role, please contact one of the team on ************** Alternatively, please email **************************** with your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297272