Powertrain Mechanical Engineer
Do you want the opportunity to join one of the largest luxury automotive OEM's in the UK?
Our client are at the forefront of the automotive industry, specialising in luxury automotive products. We have a fantastic chance for you to join our client's cutting edge team to help deliver solutions that will help advance the automotive market as we know it. This role will offer a fun, yet challenging environment working within our clients state of the art facilities.
We are in search of a Powertrain Mechanical Engineer.
The PSTI department functions across all hardware disciplines within Powertrain. You will be called upon to operate in an exciting high pressure environment, assisting in the resolution of major cross commodity internal Powertrain issues. This will include but not be limited to Base Engine integration with Transmissions, Exhaust, Cooling & Air Intake systems concept resolution leadership. Additional Powertrain Systems including the various Hybrid sub system hardware of both Electrification and Propulsion systems and Fuel Systems will also provide ample opportunities to apply and expand your technical skillset. Close co-operation with your opposite numbers in the Chassis, Body and Vehicle Engineering will be vital to the successful delivery of your objectives.
Please note - the role is not a CAD release engineer, the requirement is for a creative automotive mechanical engineer to assist & or lead in the resolution of engineering issues.
We have identified 3 Key Skills for this role:
1) CATIA V5 / Digitalbuck / Team Centre - you will be asked to take a CAD test as part of the interview process.
2) Familiarity with vehicle installation requirements & proven delivery of at least one of the nine Powertrain systems into production.
3) Proven capability of working across multiple Powertrain disciplines in a rapidly changing environment with conflicting demands across a wide range of commodities.
Other experience preferred to help any candidates stand out includes but is not limited to:
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, with a positive approach with the ability to proactively communicate within and outside of the department and operating in an environment where the goal is to break the status quo, challenge convention whilst remaining focused on a feasible solution.
- Specific knowledge of Engine installations, Vehicle PT Cooling Systems & Exhaust After treatment will be a distinct advantage.
Substantial amount of years in Automotive Engineering would offer an advantage.
If you are at all interested in the role, APPLY NOW for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297741